Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded up 0.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 8:00 AM ET on February 12th. Ethereum has a market capitalization of $92.67 billion and approximately $2.18 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ethereum coin can currently be bought for approximately $948.43 or 0.08683920 BTC on major exchanges including COSS, Bithumb, DSX and Bitinka. During the last seven days, Ethereum has traded up 9.9% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $10,978.60 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,530.54 or 0.14013700 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $223.15 or 0.02043210 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $312.79 or 0.02863940 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 15.5% against the dollar and now trades at $38.15 or 0.00349293 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $136.32 or 0.01248150 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $485.48 or 0.04445050 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.94 or 0.00081877 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0796 or 0.00000729 BTC.
Ethereum is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It launched on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum’s total supply is 97,711,787 coins. The official message board for Ethereum is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum’s official Twitter account is @ethereumproject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum is /r/ethereum and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum’s official website is www.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It’s still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum
Ethereum can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BitGrail, Bitso, Gate.io, Tidebit, QuadrigaCX, Bitbank, CoinFalcon, xBTCe, BTCTurk, Bibox, EXX, OKEx, BtcTrade.im, HitBTC, Cobinhood, WEX, Coinnest, Poloniex, Bit-Z, Gatehub, GOPAX, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Binance, Bitstamp, Coinone, CoolCoin, Tidex, Exmo, Quoine, bitFlyer, Allcoin, CEX.IO, TOPBTC, Kraken, Coinsquare, DSX, Coinut, CoinEgg, COSS, Koineks, Coinbene, Lbank, Mr. Exchange, BTC Markets, Bancor Network, EtherDelta, Huobi, Koinex, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Coinrail, RightBTC, ChaoEX, GDAX, BitBay, Bitcoin Indonesia, BigONE, Kucoin, CoinExchange, BX Thailand, Gemini, YoBit, Liqui, Livecoin, Korbit, Bitinka, Gatecoin, Mercatox, Independent Reserve, ACX, ZB.COM, Qryptos and Upbit. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum using US dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Gemini.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Ethereum and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.